- A Seller’s Market – Unless another global event alters the real estate market, like that of the pandemic, you will most likely experience Seller’s Market conditions in 2022. It is crucial that you work with a REALTOR® to capitalize on these conditions by following a sales strategy that is unique to your home type and location.
- Numerous Showings – Depending on your sales strategy, you may have to vacate your house for the entire first day of it being on the market for back-to-back showings. You might also have showings before it hits the market or numerous showings throughout the first week of it being on the market before you get an offer. Be flexible with your schedule for this reason.
- Pandemic Precautions – Hundreds of thousands of homes have been safely sold since the pandemic began. Talk to your REALTOR® about any specific precautions you would like taken during showings, however the most common include masks, sanitize, minimum attendees, and lights to be left on.
- Aggressive Offers – Prior to the pandemic, offers coming through over asking price were almost impossible short of a “Presentation of Offers” scenario but in 2021 offers at or over asking price became the norm. Of course, this is an expectation that is entirely dependent on your sales strategy which includes pricing according to market data.
- Competing Offers – If your sales strategy was successful, you will end of receiving more than one offer on the first day. You can discuss the pros and cons of each offer with your REALTOR® to ensure you are cognizant of any terms that might diminish the value of the offer. Remember that the highest price does not always equate to the best offer.
- Unqualified Offers – Sometimes during the hustle and bustle of buying a house, buyer’s overlook due diligence such as working with an experienced mortgage broker and/or REALTOR® so make sure your REALTOR® is screening for qualified buyers. An unqualified buyer can waste weeks of valuable market time and effectively lose several thousand dollars in would-be equity.
Call or text Tanya LaRose at 306-380-REAL(7325) to start your home selling process now for 2022.