Why Saskatoon? 5 Reasons Saskatoon Real Estate is an Excellent Investment – In A Nutshell. (Part 1)
Tanya LaRose 0 comments 01.09.2021
- POST-SECONDARY – Saskatoon attracts students from all over Canada and further. From the University of Saskatchewan to the Saskatchewan Polytechnic to the Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies, many post-secondary options are available which produces a high demand for student housing. Multi-unit developments, suited homes, and homes with multiple bedrooms are in constant motion in on the Saskatchewan MLS® making it easy for investors to capitalize on this demographic.
- CURRENT ATTRACTIONS – Did you know some of the artifacts found at the Wanuskewin Heritage Park are older than the pyramids? Saskatoon truly has some gems that are unique all on their own. Search the list created by the team at Tourism Saskatoon and you will be impressed: https://www.tourismsaskatoon.com/things-to-do/
- UPCOMING ATTRACTIONS – Between a state-of-the-art library and a $12.9 million downtown festival venue, Saskatoon is coming out of its shell in a big way. It is no surprise that Saskatoon’s average population increase has been consistent at 2% annually. Read more about some planning here: https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/saskatoon-city-councillors-to-mull-12-9-million-downtown-festival-site-1.5304032
- FESTIVAL CITY – Let the good times roll as Saskatoonians thrive on festivals and celebrations that take the city by storm almost every month of the year in Saskatoon. The most concentrated number of festivals take place during the summer including RibFest, Food Truck Wars, YXE Beer Wars, Fringe Festival, Jazz Festival, Taste of Saskatchewan and so much more! Look at the list, although many are continuously added on a regular basis, and choose your favourite: https://www.todocanada.ca/festivals-in-saskatoon/
- REAL ESTATE REBATES – The City of Saskatoon offers numerous rebates to home-owners and home builders. Many of them are incentives for continued growth, and geared toward the new development sector, however if that is an option for you as an investor, the value tied into these rebates are worth taking advantage of. The details of these programs can be viewed here: https://www.saskatoon.ca/business-development/land-development/rebate-program