5 Ways To Use Christmas To Help Sell Your Home
- Consider Your Street – If everyone on your block lights up the exterior of their home, you may want to consider matching that level of cheer. A first impression as “The Grinch” might not bode well during showings, drive-by’s, and/or open houses.
- Keep It Real – Although considered “high-maintenance”, a real tree appeals to two sense: sight and smell. Two important aspect of successfully selling a home. The warmth psychologically triggered by a real Christmas tree is worth every effort to keep the tree alive over the holiday season.
- Keep It Classic – The overall theme you set for both exterior and interior decorations should be classic. Classic colours like red, white, and green or gold. No new holiday characters that anyone over the age of 30 will not recognize. Simply put, think “Miracle On 34th Street” for décor inspiration.
- Sending Out Christmas Cards – If you are a savvy Christmas card sender, you can always note a reminder to your family and friends that you are trying to sell your house. Family and friends are great networks to tap into for potential buyers that you normally would not have access to.
- Depersonalize Decorations – Just like every other day of the year, decoration should always be depersonalized in a home that is listed for sale. No names on the stockings or personalized tree ornaments. Ultimately we want to keep family photographs to a minimum, heavy religious symbol lessened, and any potentially offensive décor removed.