10 Spring Maintenance Tips When Listing Your Home
Tanya LaRose 0comments 01.03.2022
- Get Your Ducts Cleaned – It will help to provide cleaner breathing for in the home by removing all old materials in the air that have built up over the winter.
- Service The Furnace and Central Air – Annual services are recommended for the most effective mechanical maintenance to prolong each respective lifespan.
- Change Furnace Filters – Depending on the amount of people and pets in your home, you will want to change your furnace filter every 90 days give or take.
- Wipe Down All Surfaces – Dust settles in the most unwelcome places year-round but it is particularly important to remove it when you have the ducts cleaned.
- Wipe Down Vents – Often overlooked, bathroom vents and kitchen vents can get covered by thick layers of dust due to their excessive use which is not a good look!
- Change Fire Detector Batteries – Put new batteries in and test them before reinstalling, this is also an annual recommendation.
- Eavestrough Clearing – You always want water to flow away from your house which means allowing it easy access through the eavestrough, don’t forget to lower those down troughs!
- Aerate & Overseed Lawn – Although your house may sell prior to the lush green grass coming through, you will want to prepare for a beautiful lawn in the event the house does not sell for a few months (disregard for condos).
- Wash Windows – The one maintenance item that will improve both the interior and exterior simultaneously which is highly effective in improving showing quality.
- Power Wash – Taking the time to power wash your home exterior and driveway will provide an outstanding yet subtle elevation to your curb appeal.
Note that your home may require less or more home maintenance items. Every home is unique and an in-person Home Listing Consult is recommended. Call or text Tanya at 306-380-7325 for your complimentary consult to help sell your home for top dollar.
Post A Comment