5 Minor Items, With Major Impact, That Home Sellers Forget To Replace
- Furnace Filter – Change your furnace filter and leave the package nearby in clear view of the furnace. You will want to book an appointment with your tenant for this if the home is a rental.
- Weather Stripping – Especially if you live in a location where you experience all four seasons, you will want to ensure you have fresh weather stripping on all exterior doors of the property.
- Caulking – Take a close look at the caulking throughout your home, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms. Often times it is deteriorated or discolored and is a very inexpensive replacement cost, usually around $5, and fresh white caulking is outstanding for improving showing quality.
- Smoke Detectors – While this is not immediately impactful during showings, these will be tested during a home inspection so make sure they are functional, and you have the appropriate amount for the size of your home.
- Light Bulbs – Even if the room is only used for storage, a missing light bulb in any space will disrupt the flow of a showing and trigger a flag in the mind of potential buyers. Although the flag may be small, considering the cost of light bulbs, it is a worthy replacement.