6 Fun and Affordable Ways to Update Your Outdoor Space
Summer is right around the corner so you will want to prepare your outdoor space to enjoy the warm weather! There are a number of ways to instantly upgrade your deck, patio, or backyard for $250 or less. Some require a little creativity. But none of the following suggestions demands specialized tools or skills that the average homeowner doesn’t already have:
1. Portable Fire Pit – Fires add ambiance and a focal point and are perfect for gathering around at night. They also keep pesky bugs away.
2. Customized Lighting – You can hang string lights from trees, along fences, or along the wall of your home, setting the stage for romance or parties. Mason jar and lantern lights can be set on tables, pillars, and posts, and around trees and garden areas for instant ambiance. Lights can be found on Amazon at an affordable price.
3. Party Bar Cart – A fun investment that brings the party to your outdoor space. Stock it with beverages, snacks, ice, and cups to ensure you do not have to go in and out of the house.
4. Revitalize Your Deck – As decks age, they tend to fade in colour. Give the surface a nice wash and scrub to remove any dirt or grime, then add a new layer of stain to bring it back to life.
5. Garden and Greenery – Planting flowers and other greenery around the yard brings life to any area. Make sure to only use appropriate plants that are suitable to the environment so they can thrive.
6. Mirrors – A well placed mirror can make any outdoor area seem bigger and brighter. Faced towards gardens or other greenery will make your outdoor space and home more vibrant.
These are only a few suggestions on how to create an amazing outdoor area for you to enjoy this summer. The goal is to be creative and not break the bank. With a little bit of exploring and searching, you will find the perfect ways to make your deck, patio, or backyard a place you will want to spend all the hot summer days in.